I have been building and painting an old 1980's era science fiction kit. While I was at it I decided to make some figures and give the whole thing a bit of a setting. I started building the kit 15 years ago. Each time I picked up I thought "Nah, I am really not a SciFi guy". Then I needed a Guinea Pig to experiment on. I wanted to try some of the new scratchingtechniques that are quite popular; and to try using both paint and pastels to render flesh. The base is scratch built using polystyrene sheets and shapes. The numbering was scavenged from a Challenger 1 decal sheet. The dog is beautiful!